How many times a year do you teach past tenses? Too many! Well, this is a great lesson plan for once you’ve gone over the past simple, past continuous or past perfect. You can do this with most levels and just tailor it to the class.
What you’ll do in this lesson:
- Have a general chat with students about stories.
- Tell a funny or interesting story with several tasks for the students.
- Get students to prepare their own story, while you monitor and help with their vocabulary.
- Students then tell their stories in pairs, several times, and vote for the best one.
- A couple read them out to the class.
It’s all here on this Power Point: Telling a funny or interesting story.